I saw you...

On the streetcar Wednesday afternoon. You were staring out the window and looked sort of tired. Didn't you sleep well enough, alone in your bed last night. Or are you just tired of it all. With your black computer bag, are you going to school or just pretending? Was it a real job that you came from or do you work for $8.78 and stuggle to make ends meet? I sure was willing to talk to you, just had a hard time grabbing your attention. Do you ever notice others? I don't think it's all that creepy to make eye contact on the street car, you should try it sometime. Maybe even smile. Find some feeling. Look up; talk more. I'm sure you have some sort of observation that I'd find humorous, or hadn't thought of, or was critically important to my day. The man in me: some girl on the streetcar you didn't notice, loves the woman in you: a sad-looking student with disheveled hair, in a well-worn brown sweatshirt, and dark circles under his eyes.

No comments: