EVERYDAY A FAVORITE

The first day there were
Many.

I picked out the biggest
One.

It’s trunk had a stand-in
Cave.

I walked right up to it;
Stood.

My body fit perfect,
In.

The view from there was great
True.

Second time it was a
Root.

That drew me to like a
Bench.

Cause nothing beats a good
Sit.

Little later my butt
Hurt.

Still, I sat and looked out
Wide.

And I could see many
More.

‘Today it’s this one that’s
Mine.’

The next day I’m feeling
Sad.

I go to the park any-
Way.

And pick one to fit my
Mood.

Tall this tree, too, it
Droops.

Branches hang like a hound’s
Cheeks.

A certain amount of
Moss.

Surrounds the circumference
Low.

The bark goes vertical
High.

Willow-like weeping, and
Me.

I walk around every
Day.

And say, this one, this day
You.

When alone I need some-
Thing.

I choose a tree in the
Park.

And make it my own tree,
See.

I walk home; I leave it
There.

Everyday a favorite
Tree.